March 2020

March 2020

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin, Pumpkin...What Will You Be?

 The pumpkin decorating process started with our classroom idea list about what things we could do with these perfect little orange friends.  Now, as a mom, I thought they looked just right with their crooked stems and bumpy skins and really only needed a beautiful bow as an accent.  BUT...I am not four years old (or almost five or already five.)  This whole thing was full of possibilities and here are our finished products.  We painted them and decorated them with fun, sparkle jewels.  Some of us even added feathers, paper crinkles, and bows.  This was a total child created project...except for the hot glue that I had to use to stick their funny faces on.  We discovered that the school glue just wouldn't hold them on.  I really love them and can see each child's personality in their little silly faced friend.  The paint may look a little unprofessional, but it is done with "child ingenuity," so if your bottom is covered perfectly,  that is how they wanted it to look.  (One of us even said, "I won't look at the bottom because it will be sitting on the ground so I don't want to paint it.)  I hope they make your "almost Halloween weekend" lots of fun.



 Who knew so many happy pumpkins could live in our classroom?  We talked about naming them all, but it was getting a little silly...so I'll leave that job for home.

No comments: