March 2020

March 2020

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Popsi's Passion

My daddy is a mechanic. Ever since I can remember he has always worked on cars. He loves cars - especially Dodges! Being a daughter - this was not the sort of thing that I embraced, but I just understood that this was his passion. I played in his shop a lot - especially on the creeper and the jacks - never fully understanding why he spent so much time in this smelly building. He made repairs for friends, kept all of us driving and even restored some old trucks. There were lots of late nights that my mom sent me out to the shop to get him to come in for bed. He worked with the music blasting and had no idea what time it ever was. I am posting these pictures because he continues to pursue his passion in life. This is his latest project...a 1948 Dodge Coupe. Marshall & Emerson are helping and I am so jealous that I never took advantage of his time getting greasy and dirty. They are learning how the engine works and how to do the upholstery. How cool is that? I am sharing this with everyone because I learned about "passion" in life from my daddy. He worked as a mechanic and in the car business around the thing that he loved the most - cars. Someone on a commercial said something like this "if you love what you are doing then you will never work a day in your life." As you prepare your children for the life changing event known as "big school" try to start laying the groundwork for a future like my dad's. I am so blessed to feel my passion in life is "sharing God's love through teaching" and pray that I have this opportunity for many years to come. Growing up is hard work and life is not easy - so encourage your children to embrace who they are and inspire them to follow their talents. You are showing them what life is really all about by modeling it every day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This really resonates with us because Thomas' grandaddy is into street rods and he has a bright yellow 32 Ford in his garage! Thomas loves it. Ask him about "yellow car" sometime. :-)