March 2020

March 2020

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How Do You Cook A Turkey?

In an effort to help everyone with their holiday meal, our class prepared the directions for cooking a turkey. Normally this would be class book, but holiday projects have begun. This is a quick way to share their sage advice for cooking and if you follow these instructions, your holiday should be much easier.

Andrew says - You put it on the oven. I don't really like it. My favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving is watermelon.
Britton says - You cook it in the oven. I like to eat chicken on Thanksgiving.
Carson says - You put it in the oven. I like to eat it. My favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving is pizza.
Chloe says - I put it in the oven. I like to eat chicken on Thanksgiving.
Dalton says - Mama puts the turkey in the oven. When it is done, she puts in a secret ingredient...sugar. I like to eat cookies on Thanksgiving. (Chocolate is the best.)
Ella says - You put it on a wood stick. I like to eat chicken on Thanksgiving.
Emma says - You cook it in the oven. I like to eat turkey on Thanksgiving.
Hank says - Mama puts the turkey in a pot, then she puts it in the oven. It is good. I like to eat corn on Thanksgiving.
Hudson says - You cook a turkey in the oven. I know how to do it. My favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving is pizza.
Madelyn says - I think my mama puts it in the oven. I like turkey with vegetables. I love to eat spaghetti on Thanksgiving.
Mary-Margaret says - I cook it in the oven. My mama cooks it in a fire. My daddy cuts it with a chainsaw. I like to eat turkey on Thanksgiving.
Savi says - My mama buys it already done. I like to eat apple pie on Thanksgiving.
Savannah says - My mama puts it on the stove. She puts juice on it with a turkey baster. My favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving is chicken.
Thomas says - My mama puts the turkey in a pot in the oven. She puts cinnamon on it to make it taste good. I eat peanut butter & jelly on Thanksgiving.
Wyatt says - You put it in the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes. I like to eat grapes on Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

ShanFan said...

I laughed so hard when I read some of these answers! Especially how Savi said I purchased my turkey already done... And Pastor Mims with the "chainsaw". Priceless...... Have a happy day:)

Jamie said...

So funny! Shannon you are busted! Love the chainsaw comment!

ShanFan said...

I swear she is thinking it is a rostiserie chicken--I am still laughing in somewhat embarassment but I made such a great effort to show her our 15 pound RAW turkey on Thanksgiving:) Mrs. Laura, I will send you Savi's prayer via email (live video footage) that you taught her in class. (the Danish prayer) Goodness I almost cried each time she sang it... God bless you and yours...