March 2020

March 2020

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Just Getting Along

 
 
 
 
A "sneak peek" into our third day.  Silly dress up, building with Lego's, playing in home living, creating with play doh and exploring our classroom... it is what we are doing to figure out how we fit into the space of our new classroom.  Our little class community will come together and set our own expectations of each other.  Even though we are four years old, we can show respect and expect respect from our classmates. And every year it is so amazing to watch this happen.  We can also learn to express ourselves appropriately and be responsible for own actions.  That is why we use our interactive behavioral chart.  We can't learn to change our behavior until we can identify what we are doing wrong, and with some loving guidance, we can start over and do it better the next time.  It is my number one priority to have every child feel successful and to know that they can be proud of who they are...so every day is a new day.  I am so lucky that God gives me this opportunity.  He sometimes has to remind me several times to work on a behavior and guides me to better choices.  (Yes...you did read that I need several times to get things right.)  So we are off into our new school year.  Happy "Third Day" and stay tuned to see how we end our very first week of four year old preschool.  (I can already tell you that if your children are as tired as I am....you will be enjoying some quiet time during long naps.  Preschool is hard work.)
 `
 

No comments: