March 2020

March 2020

Monday, November 5, 2012

Getting Ready For Our Class Feast

Can you believe that it is already November?  I am so amazed at how fast this year is passing.  Well by the looks of our door, we are talking about Thanksgiving and the characters at our class feast.  Here is our class line up so far and, as you can tell, we have many more Native Americans attending this year.  This is a traditional project for my class because I always let the boys and girls choose how they want to dress for our feast.  So many children asked me this year, "who was in America first because that is who I want to be."  This was probably the very first time any child has described a Native American this way.  They just said, "I want to be the person who lived here before the Pilgrims came."  We have some very smart children in our class and I can't wait to hear what they have to say next week as we learn more about the very first Thanksgiving.

No comments: