March 2020

March 2020

Monday, October 10, 2011

Autumn's Glory

Just a few reminders of God's amazing creation. We went to North Carolina this weekend and the trees are just starting to turn those fiery fall colors. You can see the trees across the lake and almost feel like you are there. Lake Junaluska is very close to Maggie Valley and Waynesville, North Carolina. There are many apple orchards nearby and so many trails on the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you have never ventured out in this direction, now is the perfect time. Driving time with stops is about 3 hours and it makes a great day trip.
Of course, I had to share my handsome boys. They enjoyed some great fishing, but it was catch & release for us. They also had fun riding bikes around the lake and enjoyed the cool autumn air. (See what I mean that your children grow up in the blink of an eye. Marshall is going to be 13 in December. I promise it seems like just yesterday that he was a tiny baby in my arms. Looking at this photograph reminds me of how fast life moves these days. Enjoy your children because they really do grow up so fast!)

No comments: