March 2020

March 2020

Friday, September 7, 2012

Corduroy

To celebrate our Teddy Bear Picnic, we read one of my favorite books by Don Freeman, Corduroy.  If you aren't familiar with the story, it is about a little bear who wants a home.  He is the cutest little bear, but he is missing a button on his jumper and gets overlooked by the children.  I can't say much more because I might give the story away and I know that your child would LOVE to share it with you.  If you don't have this book, you can borrow it from the public library or borrow our class copy.  Here are our little bears that didn't make it home on Thursday because they were still drying.  I wish you could see all of the faces.  They are so precious.   We were able to convince the children that the bears would be okay at school this weekend because they would all be together and no one would get lonely.  I am quite sure that they will come home on Monday because Corduroy needs to be home with friends. 

No comments: