March 2020

March 2020

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Do You Have A Smoke Detector?

 
 
Fire safety is a very important thing to teach in our classroom... but it is really very scary.  We practice fire drills and talk about not playing with matches... but the ringing of a smoke detector can be pretty intimidating.  These little paper plate friends help us learn about the importance of a smoke detector without being so loud and scary.  I love the poem that accompanies this friend...."I am a smoke detector.  I say beep.  I am your nose when you're asleep.  If there is a fire and smoke is all around... I'll wake you up with a very loud sound."  Our puppet show taught us the importance of having fire drills at home and locating our smoke detectors, so don't be surprised if your smart children ask about these things at home. 

No comments: