March 2020

March 2020

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Loving Jesus

Our class made this hand print cross on Ash Wednesday.  It was to remind us that sometimes our hearts get "dirty."  (We might have a bad day and not clean our room, or not be a good friend, or say something that isn't nice.....)  Each Monday during the past few weeks we have been adding our hearts to cover the cross to show how much we love Jesus and to remember that He loves us no matter what!  Now you can hardly see the dirty hand prints underneath.  All you can see is our love!  It is so easy for us to forget that God loves us like this all of the time.  He just washes all of that bad stuff away.  He doesn't keep a naughty list or stop loving us just because we mess up...he loves us no matter what we do.  It reminds me of this hymn we sing in our church, "Change my heart oh God.  Make it ever new.  Change my heart of God.  May I be like you."  I love this song!  I find myself humming it all of the time.  It is happy and cheerful and very forgiving.  Happy "middle of Lent."  (If I can really say that because Lent is not happy at all.)

No comments: