March 2020

March 2020

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Space Slime

I'm probably the only person in America that admits to never making slime... but  that is no longer true!  Since we learned about space this week, I thought it would be pretty cool to do a science experiment... well at least I thought it was cool... the plan was to make slime.  (I quickly learned that most of the boys and girls in this class had this recipe committed to memory and the true experiment was actually making this work in front of them... and that is a lot a pressure!)  I gathered the ingredients, put myself on the floor,, followed the the recipe on my phone.... and guess what?????  It really worked!
You can see that we started with some super cool glitter glue... because it is space week after all.... and I stirred fast & furiously as the directions stated...then "ta da"  .... we made "cosmic" space slime.  It is glittery and swirly and kind looks like the swirling stars in space.  (and kinda like a toy an alien might play with.)
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It really was fun and the children loved watching me try something totally new.  Slime is pretty awesome and super easy to make.  We also made cosmic pink and purple slime.. and you'll probably find a small container in your child's bag this week.

No comments: