March 2020

March 2020

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A Very Buggy Day

I never know what kinds of stories go home from school each day, but this was a "biggy" or shoud I say "buggy."  Almost every day when we head to the playground we have an insect encounter of some sort.  Sometimes butterflies, bees,  daddy long legs, or  caterpillars... but this day we had a baby grasshopper (above) and a pretty GIANT Banana spider on our playground.  Now the grasshopper is barely visible and I was sure it was terrified because of the children staring at it.... so I relocated it to the sensory garden.  BUT our friend below was on the slide!!! And you better believe it got a very loud reaction from our boys and girls.  Mr. Andy said that he had relocated Mr. Spider at 8:30 am that morning, but apparently it wasn't far enough.  When our class started to run and play a friend discovered this guy as he was about to take a slide.  Whew!!!! He called out for help and we closed the slide for the day.  (I am normally pretty brave, but this spider was about as big as my hand.... so we decided to let him play on the slide for the day.)  Even with our insect friends, we managed to still have super great playground day... but I had to share these pictures.

No comments: