March 2020

March 2020

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fun Times

 Fun times in our classroom... it is week number four and we're still figuring this whole thing out... BUT it is really FUN!!!  We are so thankful to God for bringing us all together.  It is still pretty loud and crazy and the whole "raising your hand" thing is impossible... but we are LEARNING. 

Our Bible verse this month is Mark 10:14... "Jesus said, Let the little children come to me."  Pretty cool that we are children and there are children all over the world.  (That, in itself, is overwhelming for most of us in our classroom.)  So we looked at some pictures of boys and girls from near and far away... This was part of our Olympic celebration.  And we looked at pictures of children in Tanzania.  (The Lutheran Synod of South Carolina supports the Lutheran Church in Tanzania.)    Yes they look very different, but yes they also look so much like us... we all have big beautiful smiles to say hello!  Soooo we learned a fun song from them and it is about thanking Jesus.  (If you have heard your child singing in something that appears to be a different language... they aren't making it up.  I know we are learning Japanese too... but this is something else.)    The words translated are "I am thanking Jesus, I am thanking Jesus, I am thanking Jesus with my heart.  Oh I am thanking Jesus, I am thanking Jesus, I am thanking Jesus with my heart."  But in their native language the words are "Asante sana yesu, asante sana yesu, asante sana yesu moyoni, Asante sana yesu, asante sana yesu, asante sana yesu moyoni."  The song is so happy and fun and I find myself humming it all of the time... but it is true... I am thanking Jesus with all my heart for these beautiful children.

No comments: