March 2020

March 2020

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Do We Look Hot?

Summer may be just around the corner - but it sure feels like it has already arrived. You can see from these shiny faces that it was one of those hot playground days. If you have been in my classroom you will recall that I "preach" about the benefits of outdoor play. I really do believe that running, getting dirty and playing outside helps children grow up so much healthier. I will reveal my age by saying that when I was a little girl, we knew it had been a great summer day if we wearing a dirt necklace when we came in for dinner. We also played outside until the sun was nearly setting and hated to hear our mom call out that it was time to eat. Nostalgic? I think it is getting worse. We are all so busy driving around from meetings, practices, etc... that this type of fun gets lost in the shuffle. There is much to be said about the art of making summer mud pies and catching fireflies.

No comments: