March 2020

March 2020

Monday, March 30, 2009

This Is Jesus

We continue our preparation for Easter by reading Benjamin's Box by Melody Carlson. Each day we add something to our special box to remind us of the Easter story. Today we talked about Jesus and how special he is to us. The children do not take listening to this story lightly and it is so very hard to read. (especially now that we are so close to the very sad part of the story.) As I have mentioned in previous posts the children cannot bear to discuss the Easter story without saying "but Jesus escapes the cross on Easter." Today we took the time to paint a picture of Jesus. It was so inspirational to listen to the children as they painted. We each took our time and were so comforted by the fact that there was absolutely no wrong way to paint this picture. I was completely led to do this art project by an anthem from my church. It was written by David Haas and the lyrics are posted in the top photo. The children exhibit the words to this song, because they just believe with their whole heart. Enjoy these Easter photographs and thank you so much for instilling God's love in your child's heart.
Here are our comments about Jesus.

Ann said "He is wearing a gown. I want him to share what he wants me to do. You can even play with God. Me and my sissy do."

Ashley said "He loves everybody, my mommy, my daddy, and he lives up in heaven. That makes me happy."

Cannon said "He gets away from the cross. He lives up in the heaven."

Cohan said "He has blue eyes. I know that. He keeps people safe and he loves all of us."

Colin said "I think about loving him & giving him kisses."

Jackson said "He helps people."

James said "I don't really know what he looks like because I have never seen him and neither has my mom."

Kylie said "This is Jesus."

Lauren said "He has powers."

Mya said "He lives in the sky."

Noah said "He is always with me and he helps me feel better."

Preston said "He is happy and plays with toys."

Reid said "He died on the cross for real and he might have a dog."

Rishi said "He escapes the cross. Jesus has wings and has no hair."

Shane said "I wish he would not have to die on the cross."

Trapp said "He is powerful, strong and smart. He is cool and I love him a lot. I saw him when he was dying on the cross."

No comments: